Get Noticed with Online Directories
Getting noticed locally is very important for your business, and this became very evident over the last few months with the COVID-19 restrictions. With less movement of people, local businesses could no longer rely on passing foot or vehicular traffic for trade. With the general downturn in trade, word of mouth and referrals decreased too with the reduction of social and work interactions. Businesses were scrambling to reconnect with their clientele.
Here is how to work smarter not harder, and ensure your online presence is optimised.
By being listed on online directories, your business will have:
- Increased Exposure – more people exposed to your business means it is more likely more people will use your products and services.
- Increased Traffic – more exposure for your website means more people are likely to visit it. It also increases the chances that your website will appear on major search engine results, and offers exposure to the various major search engine crawlers like Google.
- Inexpensive Advertising – online business directories are inexpensive or free to join and offer a lot of exposure for the price, which can be just your time if they are free.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Benefits – online directories increase traffic to your website with instant links to your website. It also improves how search engine crawlers such as Google will rank your website.
- Professional Appearance – consumers likes online directories, as they give businesses credibility and professionalism, and likely to increase the trust consumers will have in a business.
- Increased Brand Recognition – with consistent branding and professionalism, it is more likely consumers will remember your business’s name.
- Increased Customer Interaction – Consumers using online directories are shopping around with the intent to purchase. Even if they are not ready to purchase, if they like what they see they will connect via social media or an email list.
- Increased Revenue – more people finding your website, increases the chances of visiting your website. Online directories can help you increase income and improve your bottom line.
- Return of Investment (ROI) – your investment of time in optimising your online presence will be outweighed by improved visibility and increased revenue.
So what directories do you need to be on?
Definitely for the hospitality industry:
And locally make sure you are listed here:
- Casey Cardinia Region
- Local Business Groups
- Community Directories such as Eat Drink Casey and Eat Drink Cardinia.
Being on local directories is beneficial being free or low cost, and highly targeted to your local area. Customers who are within walking or driving distance of your business. By focusing on local directories, you increase awareness and opportunity to be the top of mind.
What makes Eat Drink Casey different?
Eat Drink Casey is a niche and targeted online portal connecting artisan producers, eateries and food traders across the Casey region with consumers. Our audience wants to discover local food, wine and drink businesses.
At Eat Drink Casey we don’t just have your business listed, but we actively engage and interact with your social media platforms, share your listing and content with a broader audience that is growing. With our website being updated regularly with new listings and blog posts, it amplifies the online presence of all our listed businesses with improved search ranking. Not forgetting our growing email list for the Eat Drink Casey digital newsletter, plus exciting options to come.
Finally, make sure your business information is standardised across all directories, that is your name, address and phone number. Consistency is important for search ranking. Audit your existing business directory listings regularly, at least once a year make time to review.
Now you can see the benefits of being listed on online directories, and the importance of being on local directories, it’s time to get started. List your business today. If you need any assistance, please get in touch with Michelle.
Eat Drink Casey
Connecting the artisan producers, eateries and food traders across the Casey region to consumers.
Are you a business? List your business today. Now more than ever it’s important to support our businesses. We”ll share the love 🖤